Friday, January 8, 2010

Girls night out...

I have been talking a lot about wanting a girls night out. It has been so long since I've had the opportunity to spend time with women my age with out having a kid or a husband around. I miss being able to go out with a large group of friends and just relax. I can't even remember when the last time I did that was. I know it was long before I was even married. I go out often with a friend here and there but I have never really planned anything that involves all of my friends. Most of my friends don't even know my other friends etc. It is strange to have so many friends and speak to one friend about another and they have no clue who I'm talking about for the most part. I found this out when I had my sons first birthday and invited a few of my friends and found that no one had anything in common other than having kids and knowing me. It was a little strange. I notice more of this using Facebook as a networking site for friends. I've reconnected with a lot of great friends from high school and remember when we used to hang out in large groups and it was always so much fun because everyone was so different. I look forward to doing that again soon.

I am looking forward to visiting with Joyce this month when she comes to town to visit and hope a few of us can get together and have a great night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment